Lots of debtors wonder whether they can change their minds after they file their Chapter 7 cases.  If a debtor wants to convert his or her Chapter 7 case to a Chapter 13 case, the debtor will have to file a motion to convert with the Bankruptcy court.  The Court will likely have to hold a hearing where the debtor will have to tell the judge why the debtor wants to convert the case.  The Chapter 7 trustee may object to the debtor’s motion.  If the judge grants the motion, the debtor is expected to stay in the Chapter 13 plan.  A debtor should be aware that if the debtor has a great deal of equity in his or her property that is not exempt, the debtor may have to pay a significant amount back to the general unsecured creditors under a Chapter 13 plan.


Tell Us About Your Case


Enter the characters above:

View Justin Myers' Interview on KSL's Studio 5

In addition to giving away this Free Book, Justin M. Myers offers a FREE consultation to discuss your options.
Call (801) 505-9679 today to make a face-to-face appointment or to set up a phone consultation. For most Chapter 13 cases, Justin M. Myers, Attorney-at-Law LLC charges NO ATTORNEY FEES UP FRONT, you only pay the Court filing fee.

Justin M. Myers

Justin M. Myers Attorney-At-Law, LLC

South Jordan Office

South Jordan Law Office
1122 W. South Jordan Pkwy. Suite A
South Jordan, UT 84095
Map & Directions

Provo Office

3651 North 100 East, Ste. 375
Provo, Utah 84604
Phone: 801-505-9679
Map & Directions